Monday 10 June 2013

Repurchase or replace? #1

Since I've been at university, I have realised that I have a lot of products lying in draws and baskets that need to get used up, rather than me just buying new products when I run out of the ones I'm currently using. I am trying to step-by-step declutter my life, and my beauty products is going to be part of that too! I've been collecting up these products to review for quite some time now, and I thought that I had enough empty bottles in my bathroom now and I should probably just actually review them! It felt really nice to throw all these away (and recycle the necessary, of course) and I can start collecting for my second empties post ;)


I had an argument with my dad over Easter as he managed to throw some of my empties into the bin when I was out, and he didn't seem to understand why I was so annoyed hahah! To be honest, if someone told me they were keeping loads of empty bottles of beauty products I'd be pretty confused too! Either way, this is what I have been left with, and I shall let you know what I thought :)


L'Oreal Elvive Triple Resist Conditioner
 Before uni, I never really bought anything special to use on my hair, I would just whatever was in the bathroom haha. I've been trying out new shampoos and conditioners, that are still in a student's budget, and I'm really happy with this one. It's usually around £4 to buy, but I bought it on offer for around £2 and the bottle is huge. After using it, my hair feels as soft as using a serum on it, so when I use both this conditioner and a serum, my hair is lovely! :) Repurchase or replace? I would definitely repurchase, in fact I already have! It was on offer again so I bought two bottles full, this is definitely my new favourite conditioner!

 LOreal Elvive Nutri Gloss Crystal Sparkling Shampoo
 I bought this product after I already started using the conditioner. By then, I already knew I liked the brand, and I was definitely drawn in by the fact that this product was pink and has tiny little bits of glitter in it! :) It wasn't as amazing as I expected though, and didn't quite give me the wow factor that the conditioner did, it was quite a standard shampoo really! Repurchase or replace? I have replaced this with another shampoo as I want to keep trying new ones until I find one I really love!

Original Source Shea Butter and Honey Shower Gel
Okay, I know that reviewing three Original Source shower gels is a bit boring, but they were all such different scents I thought I might as well! This one was a really sweet honey smell and I really enjoyed it. Repurchase or replace? I have replaced my shower gel with a Soap and Glory one which seems to be lasting FOREVER, but having said that, I would definitely buy this again as I really liked the smell :)

Original Source Vanilla Milk and Raspberry Shower Gel
I think this might actually be my favourite smelling shower gel ever! I opened the cap in store for a quick smell and knew immediately I was buying it. It's a lovely sweet smell that reminds me of ice cream and Summer. Repurchase or replace? As I've said above, I have replaced it, but I would and will most definitely be repurchasing this shower gel again! :)

Original Source Limited Edition 'Winter' Almond and Black Cherry Shower Gel
Unlike the other two flavours above, I wasn't really a fan of this shower gel. It took me absolutely ages to finish this product as I really didn't like the smell so kept avoiding using it! I think I would describe the smell as a more 'manly' scent, and it just wasn't to my taste! Repurchase or replace? For this one I would definitely say replace, but that's just my personal choice, some of you may love it!


 Lipcote
Lipcote has always been a favourite of mine, and I haven't seen any other product like this on the market (let me know if you know of any!) I featured it in my 'Favourite products of 2012' blog post, and I still feel the same about it. It's almost like a clear nail varnish that you put over your lipstick to keep it on for a night out. Even though the taste and initial stinging sensation isn't the nicest, it really does make your lipstick stay on. Repurchase or replace? I will continue to repurchase this product forever I think, it has saved me on many nights out! :)

Natural Collection Pressed Powder
As you can tell, I have been using the Natural Collection pressed powders for quite a while now! I use the shade 'Cool' for when I'm a bit paler during the Winter months, and the shade 'Neutral' which is a bit darker when I have fake tanned or during the Summer. They are only £1.99 each and last for quite some time so I've never really thought to change, but I'm going to give some new ones a try as I'm sure I can get a much better one for a few quid more. Repurchase or replace? As I said, I'm going to try and replace this product for a better one, but I have no problems with it to be honest so I would happily repurchase it at some point again too!

Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation
A bit like the Natural Collection pressed powder, I have been using this foundation for a while now. I have a lighter shade 'Light Porcelain' for when I am a bit paler, and the shade 'Cameo' for when I have fake tanned or during the Summer. I use my Real Techniques foundation brush to apply it and have had no problems with it at all, but it is quite thick and I was thinking about trying out some new lighter foundations. Repurchase or replace? Yet again, I'm going to try and replace this product for something new, but I have been happily using it for years so would definitely repurchase it again in the future as I do love it!


Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Daily Scrub
I felt like this product seemed to last for ages! Which is obviously a good thing and I was using it every single day in the shower. I found  I got a bit bored of it and was excited for it to run out so I could try something different. It has tiny beads in the product which burst as you rub them into your face, and I would often find them in my ear or in my hair when I got out of the shower haha! It did work well and exfoliated without being too harsh. Repurchase or replace? With this I would have to say replace, but I think I would try it out again a few months down the line.

Intu Style Brunette Dry Shampoo
I bought this product on a bit of a whim as I usually only use Batiste Dry Shampoo, but it was in the 99p store so I was really intrigued to see if it would work. I once bought a cheap dry shampoo and it ended up making my hair look more greasy than before! I was actually really pleasantly surprised with how good this product was, and for so cheap too. It worked just as well as Batiste I would say, and for a third of the price you can't really go wrong! Repurchase or replace? I would definitely replace this product. I've yet to go looking for it but I will stock up on a few when I find it! :)

Dove Original and Invisible Dry Deodrant
I have been using the original version of this product for years, but only recently have I been using the invisible dry version too. I have to say I absolutely love them both. I featured them in my 'Favourite products of 2012' post too, and I don't think I'll ever find another deodorant I love as much!
 Repurchase or replace? Repurchase every single time!


Thanks for reading :)
What do you think of this sort of post? I want to start including beauty more in my blog.
Do you use any of these products yourself?
Love Dani :)
x

7 comments:

  1. Love this sort of post :)
    I am the same, even if I like something like shower gel or shampoo, I always buy a different one as I want to try everything
    Ellie x
    www.elliesramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kind of post. I'm curious about the maybelline foundation, it looks like a good product
    Beauty by T
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good post, I love Natural Collection products xo

    student-stylexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani I actually LOVE your blog :) Xx

    Heres mine http://haideeandco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the kind comment on my blog
    Wow that lipcote sounds amazing! I need to try it :)
    I love those "soap bar" style deodorants too but I haven't tried the dive yet but I think I will now :)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha my mum actually threw away half of my empties last month too haha! I am now intrigued my the Maybelline foundation, it sounds lovely and I may give it a try at some point! :) Great post hun!

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use that foundation for nights out and really like it! like you I have two shades haha and mix them depending on how tanned I am!

    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read and appreciate every single one!
If you have left me a question I shall answer it so please check back :)

Dani x

Twitter - @floraldanielle
instagram - @floraldanielleblog