Monday 22 October 2012

Nails Of The Day - MUA Nail Constellations 'Libra' review :)

So recently during my absolutely massive haul, I picked up an MUA Nails Constellations pot from Superdrug. I was so happy to see it in store, as every other time I've gone to look for one, there haven't been any. I was really unsure which one to get, but I picked up 'Libra', which is a mixed of mostly black, and a few mint green balls.


My lovely new products to try out :)


Firstly, I painted my nails mint green, using MUA Nail Varnish Shade 5. I was suprised by how thin it came out, because when I used Shade 5 in my previous 'Nails of the Day' post, the colour was very thick! This is my nails after one coat of the nail varnish.


After two coats...


After 3 coats...


Finally after four coats, I felt that the colour was right.


I knew that I would need some sort of bowl to catch the excess balls in, so I just used the lid of a tin in my bedroom. I painted on an extra layer of nail varnish onto my 'accent nail' and took the lid off the constellations pot.


I poured the balls onto the wet nail, I had to pour for a little while to get balls in all the wet sections of the paint and the rest were caught in the tin lid.


You can take the whole nib of the constellation pot off to use as a funnel for pouring all the excess beads back into the pot.


I absolutely love how it looks and would definitely use MUA constellations again, but I don't know how I feel about these colours together. I think I should maybe have painted the background of the accent nail black so that the only mint on that nail was the mint green balls? What do you think? 


I knew I wanted to paint a top coat onto the nails, so I thought I may aswell just try using my new Barry M nail varnish. I thought it might blend the colours together a bit more, but I kinda regret doing it now! For some reason the balls went pink... not really sure what happened?!


I did these nails yesterday, and today the constellations are still staying strong and I have them all left on my nails :). Next time I'm gonna try just a plain top coat, and I'm gonna try them with an all black nail varnish too!


Wanna follow me on instagram? My username is: floraldanielle
Send me your usernames too if you like :)


Thanks for reading!
What do you think of the MUA constellations?
Have you ever tried them before?
Which is your favourite set?
Love Dani
x

16 comments:

  1. Really nice colour but 4 coats!? I like mine ultra thick so I'd probably need to do 6, which is 4 coats too many for me!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this looks fabulous, lovely colours! Love your blog, great post as per!

    Doing a MAC makeup giveaway on my blog, would love it if you came and checked it out!

    http://trappedinafashionparadise.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/50-followers-giveaway-mac-lipstick-of.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look lovely! but i agree, four coats is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit, I really like the look of these with the extra barry m - the extra colours makes it look more original :) have you tried the ciate ones? I'm desperate too but they cost so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought this a few weeks ago but haven't used it yet! I can't wait to try it out :)

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how many coats you needed! The end result is lovely though xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats my favourite nail polish colour from MUA so pretty :) and I had no idea they sold their own nail caviar... must visit superdrug asap!

    withkittyinmind.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really got on with the MUA constellations collection! My favourite is the Gemini :) Great post!

    Lana, xo
    http://fashionfake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a really useful post, as I've been eyeing up the nail constellations for awhile. Can't believe you needed 4 coats of the MUA polish though! Might avoid that mint green one.

    Care to check out my blog? :)
    http://inkandvelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've seen that MUA beady nail thing - it looks amazing, I HAVE to try it! xx

    www.awkward-queen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look amazing!

    www.rosereviews1.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both that shade of polish and the nail constellations, I have the Leo one and it is such a unique product and really adds such a great touch!

    Thanks for sending me your link via the #bbloggers chat.
    Rebecca x
    www.rebeccas-3-rs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello lovely, searched for a review of these on google and you popped up! Great review, and I'm definitely going to give them a go :) I'm not very good at keeping up to date with all things beauty, I only know about them because my sister appeared with them on her nails today! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nice... I am Libra, and black and green are very nice colours for me...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I received some of those MUA constellations for christmas, haven't tried them out yet though!

    Definitely going to have a look for you on Instagram :)
    I'm 'tashajsteel' on there too.

    tashaajaynee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I read and appreciate every single one!
If you have left me a question I shall answer it so please check back :)

Dani x

Twitter - @floraldanielle
instagram - @floraldanielleblog